India: Man Dies Touching Electric Wire Spread For Boar Hunting In Ganjam Village

Man Dies Touching Electric Wire Spread For Boar Hunting In Ganjam Village (argusenglish.in)

4/08/2024

In a shocking incident, a man reportedly died this morning after coming in contact with a live electric wire that was spread to hunt a wild boar at Karirasi village under the Khallikote police station limits in Ganjam district.

The deceased has been identified as Simanchal Swain (60), a resident of Kairasi Ramchandrapur Sahi.

According to the informaiton, Simanchal was working in an agriculture field belonging to Trinath Sahoo, a co-villager, when he came in contact with a live wire. He reportedly electrocuted on the spot.

Simanchal’s son Tofan complained to the Khallikote police in this regard. ¬†Acting on the complaint, police rushed to the spot and sent the body for postmortem.

The incident shocked the villagers.

Newsletter

Contact Us

Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting / C.A.S.H.
P.O. Box 562
New Paltz, NY 12561
845/256-1400