November 17, 2014


Craig — Three hunters visiting Moffat County from Southern California were exposed to carbon monoxide Sunday, which resulted in one man dying. The other two men are in good and stable condition.

Lonnie Anderegg, 78, was pronounced dead on the scene, while his son Lonnie Anderegg Jr., 53, and Jack Humphrey, 53, were immediately transferred to The Memorial Hospital in Craig, according to Moffat County Sheriff’s Office Lt.
KC Hume.

The two surviving men are now at a Denver-area hospital being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials responded to a call at noon Sunday on Moffat County Road 17 where the three hunters were found in their tent along with two heat sources, including a propane heater.


Contact Us

Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting / C.A.S.H.
P.O. Box 562
New Paltz, NY 12561